The Type/Cast editorial collective has specific calls throughout the year, and for our third issue submissions are open until midnight on Friday 17 February 2017.
We’re looking for fiction, poetry and short nonfiction works.
This issue’s guest editor is Lauren Beukes. As a result, we’re especially looking for noir, speculative fiction, science fiction, remixes of magic and myth, but also straight-up realist fiction if it has something to say about who we are in the world.
How to submit:
- Read the FAQ!
- Send submissions via email to email@example.com.
- We accept prose, poetry and short nonfiction work. We also accept art and photography essays.
- Fiction (including short stories, and flash fiction): maximum 4000 words
- Poetry: no more than 3 poems
- Nonfiction and essays: maximum 3000 words
- Submissions must be
- Formatted in Microsoft Word .doc or .docx files, or .rtf files.
- Formatted to be Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 line spacing.
- In English. Other languages can be incorporated into your work, though be understood within the context.
- All pieces will be assessed “blind”, so authors’ names should be only be on the covering e-mail and nowhere in the body of submissions.
- If illustrations are included, they should be separate attachments, and not embedded in the document.
- We do not accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine. Just let us know if the piece gets accepted and published elsewhere.
- No more than one submission (a fiction or nonfiction piece, or up to 3 poems, each in its own file) at a time.
- Maximum e-mail size, including attachments, is 1 MB. If we want higher resolution images, for example, we will ask for them.
- The file name of the title must be the title of the piece
- Always include a short bio and photograph of yourself. Feel free to make the photograph as playful or as formal as you like.
- Copyright remains with the author. We do ask that when you republish that you cite Type/Cast as the original publisher.
- We may (will!) edit submissions, but will check all changes with the author.