The Type/Cast editorial collective has specific calls throughout the year. We are currently closed for submissions until early 2018.
We’re looking for fiction, poetry and short nonfiction works.
How to submit:
- Read the FAQ!
- Send submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We accept prose, poetry and short nonfiction work. We also accept art and photography essays.
- Fiction (including short stories, and flash fiction): maximum 4000 words
- Poetry: no more than 3 poems
- Nonfiction and essays: maximum 3000 words
- Submissions must be
- Formatted in Microsoft Word .doc or .docx files, or .rtf files.
- Formatted to be Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 line spacing.
- In English. Other languages can be incorporated into your work, though be understood within the context.
- All pieces will be assessed “blind”, so authors’ names should be only be on the covering e-mail and nowhere in the body of submissions.
- If illustrations are included, they should be separate attachments, and not embedded in the document.
- We do not accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine. Just let us know if the piece gets accepted and published elsewhere.
- No more than one submission (a fiction or nonfiction piece, or up to 3 poems, each in its own file) at a time.
- Maximum e-mail size, including attachments, is 1 MB. If we want higher resolution images, for example, we will ask for them.
- The file name of the title must be the title of the piece.
- Copyright remains with the author. We do ask that when you republish that you cite Type/Cast as the original publisher.
- We may (will!) edit submissions, but will check all changes with the author.